We are completing building a large detached garage with RHT Design and are pleased with the result. Randy Tapper is sincere and fair. If something goes wrong with the project he works hard to find an equitable solution and he stayed within the budget he outlined
Home Design and Custom Building
Whether it’s a KITCHEN DESIGN in Deerfield, Illinois or a BATHROOM REMODELING project in Highland Park, Randy Tapper, and RHT Design & Construction can turn your house into the home of your dreams.
Randy and his team of local, fully bonded and insured craftsmen have built a decades-long reputation for exceptional workmanship with courteous and professional service. The Better Business Bureau endorses RHT Design & Construction.
His designs are beautiful, functional and withstand the test of time. Tapper works closely with each client to ensure satisfaction from inception to completion. He also understands that bigger is not always better and is committed to helping clients make the most of their space.
RHT has recently merged with Design Quartet at Ravinia. Design Quartet at Ravinia is a new kind of business. Each of the individuals has their own business and they are all partnering together to bring you the most complete design experience.
Please visit our showroom in Highland Park!
- Jeff Z.
Of course anyone will tell you remodeling can cause headaches and we had our fair share. Yet, Randy is a terrific problem solver and worked with me to stay within budget. I have recommended RHT to several of my friends who have all been satisfied.Rita B
RHT remodeled the entire 1st floor of our home in 2005. We continue to receive compliments on the styling and workmanship. I believe that we were treated fairly. I would use them again.Dennis T
Our Services & Skills
- We can arrange & consult with a designer to prepare plans drawn for your specific needs and site
- We can advise on different types of materials costs and benefits
- We can arrange to meet consultants to achieve a pleasing functional home
- We ensure the project is run efficiently and you are kept consulted
- We maintain quality control of workmanship and materials to get the best outcome
- If you wish to make changes during construction we will facilitate this for you
- We deliver excellence in building solutions & offer you unsurpassed service to assure you of quality workmanship
- We construct individually designed homes to the highest standards
- We build small and large homes economically
- We are experienced at complex designs, difficult access sites, swimming pools, wine cellars & landscape works.
- We are experienced in all facets of alterations and additions
- We have carried out alterations on houses over 60 years old
- We have built top story additions
- Architecturally designed plans and drawings
- We specialize in matching materials and existing styles for integrated additions
- On all of our projects, it is impossible to see any visible point of the addition
- We engage skilled workmen who are each responsible to the manager for maintaining our high standards
- The foreman on site checks all work for accuracy to drawings, good quality and all materials are correctly installed
- Randy carries out regular inspections for quality control
- Subcontractors work is checked and controlled
- Regular meetings are arranged to ensure the right products are selected
- Surfaces are checked before painting
- Properties are cleaned and checked on completion
Meet the Owner
President of RHT, the remodeling business is literally in his blood. While growing up, his father taught him the trade. And after majoring in Art, Randy combined design with the family business and was hooked. It’s been more than 20 years of designing, building and remodeling homes in the North Shore of Chicago.
Randy’s design philosophy is that less is more. Simplicity brings elegance. And yes, price is a factor. In today’s world, people want to keep their costs down but don’t want to sacrifice quality. Randy’s success comes from his ability to listen to these needs, to work within everyone’s budget, and to exceed his customers expectations.
By the end of the project, Randy has transformed the homeowners dreams to reality, and converted them to new friends as well.